Monday 13 February 2012

Dreams....

Fontaine's dreams


As eye patch wearing singer Gabrielle sings "dreams can come true" and my dreams of owning a slice of dual cyclone technology will be coming true when I pick up my shiny new Dyson this Friday! This may seem like a modest dream to some but overhearing (eavesdropping on) some children chatting in the Burrell Collection today it seems that some people dream bigger than others. 

Little Girl: If you had a million billion squillion pounds and you could buy anything in the world, whatever you wanted, what would you buy?

Little boy: I think I'd probably buy.... eh.... an iPhone 4S.

Little Girl: I would buy a holiday for two weeks.

Little Boy (realising that he has aimed a bit low in spending the million billion squillion pounds): Do you know what I would buy else?

Little girl: (Lost interest in the conversation crawling under the museum benches)

Little Boy (More loudly): Do you know what I would buy aswell?

Little girl: (disinterested) what?

Little Boy: A Time machine! 

Litttle Girl (Awestruck): Ooohh! If you could go back in time to any time in the whole wide world what time would you go back to?

Little Boy (serious face): Buckingham Palace. 

Little girl: To see the queen?

Little Boy: Yeah.

This boys wasting his million billion squillion pounds on a time machine when what he wants to buy is a train ticket. But at least his dreams of spending this imaginary fortune moved up a step from an iPhone 4S. I hope this isn't what the majority of children are dreaming of these days. I used to dream of flying houses. And now that the Dyson dream will be realised who knows what I'll be dreaming of....

No comments:

Post a Comment