Thursday 24 November 2011

Temporary Adventures....

Which Floor?

Due to the fact I am very much not in demand in the world of work at the moment I have signed up for some office temping. It put me in mind of an embarrassing moment from my last temporary temping adventures! This took place in a lift in a corporate law firm. Having just got myself some nice soup for lunch from the restaurant (they don't have a canteen in a law firm they have a restaurant!) I found myself sharing the lift with a slightly stressed law type, suited, booted and with briefcase clutched in his tense grip. I thought I heard him say "What sort of soup have you got?" I cheerily answered "Tomato!" He looked a bit surprised and said "Pardon?" I said more quietly "tomato." to which he replied with a very puzzled look on his face "I'm sorry I said which floor do you want." I squeaked "Lower Ground please." Goodness knows what he made of my shouts of tomato in the lift that day but I was as red as my tomato soup as a result!


What embarrassing things have you done?? Do they come back to you in the night and make you burn with the embarrassment all over again??? Share them below please! It will make you feel better it really will and more importantly it will make me feel better!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment